- · I’ve learned to be more empathetic (and hopefully more compassionate) in dealing with the sick and the elderly.
- · I’ve learned to rely on God more.
- · I’ve learned to put more trust in him.
- · I’ve learned to take the power of prayer more seriously (since I believe that I’m doing as well as I’m doing in large part because so many people—even some people I don’t know—are praying for me every day!).
- · I’ve learned how important it is to focus on what I have, not what I don’t have; and I’ve learned to be more grateful for the health and abilities that I do still possess.
- · I’ve learned once again not to put all my hopes in this earthly life, because this mortal life is very fragile (a lot more fragile than you think it is when you’re young and healthy).
- · And I’ve learned that God is in control, and that I am not (even in those areas of life where I always thought I was in control).